Monday 15 July 2019

Interview with producer Imran Kaisi


Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival will be screening The Beautiful Hen 

*How did you get into making films?
I first went into theatre performance before going into the film industry.while in theatre I always wanted to shoot a movie,I then started reading books about film production then I got myself in the film industry. 

*What inspired you to make your movie?
I always wanted to be a film maker since a child.I used to watch many american films that increased my inspiration and it really put me in a good shape of film directing.about my movie I wanted to tell my own African story with African culture. 

*How has your style evolved?
My style was involved when I was researching the story.then I involved it in the play 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
I remember one day I went into a village to start shooting the village chief said we should bring out all the shooting materials of his village Avery day after shooting the movie because we might teach young kids evil things in shooting video. 

*What can we expect from your next film?
My next production will be more interesting will be more powerful since now I have learnt a lot, and people should wait for more interesting African flavoured plays.