Wednesday 17 July 2019

Interview with filmmaker Robert A. Trezza

Maria's Tale will be screening at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
I've always loved films, especially horror. I actually had dreams of making comic books, but then I discovered I couldn't draw, so I starting writing ,movie scripts. 

*What inspired you to make your movie?
Maria's Tales was a collaboration with Zachary Chase and Eion Connolly, it was their original story idea that I helped to bring it to life. The main inspiration in making the actual film was to make a more artsy found footage film. I wanted to make a documentary styled film, but still use some cool camera angles and effects. 

*How has your style evolved?
I've been mostly involved with found footage styled films, but I am now moving into more narrative films, with a little bit of a budget, so I am really looking forward to that. It'll be nice to have a small crew and not have to run back and fourth flipping on and off the many hats that are worn on set. 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
Well, not sure if it is funny, but the night before shooting the lead  Michael Ciesla (George/Georgina) was in a bad car accident and was in a lot of pain during most of his scenes. He was a trooper and used it to his advantage while bringing Georgina to life.  

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind? A chance to bring ideas to life without having rules or studio heads hoovering around.

*What can we expect from your next film?
If all goes well it will be a physiological werewolf thriller.  I've always loved werewolves and looking forward to working with that myth.