Tuesday 23 July 2019

Interview with filmmaker Sergio Hdez

Nubes De Carton will be screening at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films? 
It was when I was 18, first to unfortunate shorts but with a lot of love, then I made video clips, then scripts and finally, with a lot of help and with a great team with a lot of madness, we made our great movie. 

*What inspired you to make your movie? 
I have not been inspired by anything in particular, after a brainstorm of individual ideas, I thought that CARDBOARD CLOUDS, and a topic as close and social as poverty, could have a lot of strength and impact. 

*How has your style evolved? 
My style never for evolution and change, because it has helped me to read, own experiences and watch other movies. But without a doubt, my style has evolved, because my old works were very "bad" and the last ones have a great quality. 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film? 
Our main actor, was disguised as a beggar, several times he was unfortunately stopped by the police, for sneaking into the subway etc, and people in the recording breaks, gave him money, thinking he was real. 

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind? 
It brings us to mind, freedom, struggle, resistance, learning and above all, art. 

*What can we expect from your next film? 
From this movie you can expect the best, get excited and entertain. And from our next movie, we hope to have money and help to make it, and win the Oscars, Bafta Goya, the Golden Ball and the NBA ring awards