Thursday 18 July 2019

Interview with filmmaker Júlio Godinho

Found Hema Trema will be screening at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
I began very young, about six years old, to write on a old classic typewriter, stories, visual stories, Than i had a local newspaper, sold door to door in my neighbour, “The Shout” was the name of the newspaper, Than at the age of fourteen i started to shoot my daily life, even today i use the footage of that time for my films, It was always about passion of Cinema, It was always what I wanted to do, Movies.

*What inspired you to make your movie?
My life as a time hole, searching and finding, on a timeline, for life to pain, from victory to death. 

*How has your style evolved?
It had changes from mainstream documentaries mixed with some experimental work, to Auto-Fiction movies.

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
The movie caused a kind of riot between the art scene in the country of my mother, Portugal, First i showed part of the movie, the first part, in a format of twenty minute's short-film, Than i had the courage of showing the whole movie, It cause a lot of feelings even between my close friends, because the movie tells “myself" stories of near-death experience, and the last days of a truly friend,