Friday 12 July 2019

INTERVIEW WITH FILMMAKER TOMAS SEM


The Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival will be screening The Psychics

*How did you get into making films? I got a job as a production assistant on a feature from a mental hospital. After that I was hooked! 

*What inspired you to make your movie? I made my movie to honour all the dead people walking around as ghosts. 

*How has your style evolved? I prefer documentary style to get the authentic feel. My next movie is going to be shot on hi 8 and 8mm film 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film? Well. Our main location was haunted for real. The location owner's dead grandma kind of made some very disturbing noises that interfered with the sound recordings. 

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind? The next generation of film making 

*What can we expect from your next film? Haunting's on a research station on the South Pole caught on analogue video!