Wednesday 17 July 2019

Interview with filmmaker Keenan Robinson

Close To God will be screening at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
One night I had a dream and in the dream it was a rough time in my life from the past, I feel like GOD told me to make this a movie and I could help other people, so I was obedient and have had great success internationally all from following my dreams.

*What inspired you to make your movie?
Every day life and experiences inspired me and the lack of seeing people that looked like me or had my particular background or feelings concerning an issue or situation made me want to create that content for my tribe of individuals.

*How has your style evolved?
I went from knowing nothing , not even thinking about making movies to founding a production company, writing original content and at times starring in my own films , with success and blessings. The art of no style is my style I flow like water taking the shape of or adapting to the films bends and twists.

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
One day when we were filming there was a death scene and we had fake guns and the real police came driving through the neighbourhood and some of the actors we in a  panic and was like we got warrants and tried to hide, duck and dodge. We were actually doing something good but the way society perspectives us we are in a PTSD type of state even in positive situations.

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
Anarchy and freewill to be creators of our  own making , delivering content that is progressive,futuristic and inclusive.

*What can we expect from your next film?
I was asked to make a sequel to my 1st film called, ''Nothing Without GOD''
look for it in 2020 from Nothing without GOD Productions and Inspirational Life Films.
Look for our products on Amazon.com, Pluto Tv, Fandango and Walmart.com