Monday 15 July 2019

Interview with filmmaker Miguel Miyahira




Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival will be screening Gen Hi8


*How did you get into making films? 
I always liked the stories, and when I studied audiovisual, I loved the expressiveness of the cinematographic language and its narrative structures.

*What inspired you to make your movie? 
In this case, I set myself the challenge of creating a feature film with hi8 formats and justifying its use in a 90s context

*How has your style evolved? 
In this film I used camera narrative styles that I really like. Pretty handycam and a little cinema verité

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film? 
I had to search more than 5 borrowed hi8 cameras. Only 1 worked.

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind? 
Rupture of rules, search of new forms, underground, passion

*What can we expect from your next film?
As always, honesty