Monday 8 June 2020

Interview with filmmaker Jeffrey Garcia

                 Henrietta & Her Dismal Display Of Affection will premier at the SJGFF

*How did you get into making films?
I bursted out of my poor mother's womb caked in placenta with a script in one hand and a camera in the other 

*What inspired you to make your movie?
Rednecks 

*How has your style evolved?
It's de-volved. I was once a promising young auteur and now I am the film equivalent to a whoopie cushion 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
An actor was punched in the face by accident and I felt bad for laughing. The guilt shamed me into going home immediately to write up the manuscript for "The Conquest of Bread: The Musical". It should be hitting Broadway next month with Tony Danza as the lead. 

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
Diarrhea 

*What can we expect from your next film?
Diarrhea