Wednesday 10 June 2020

Interview with filmmaker Imran Shaban

The Beautiful Hen will premier at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films? 
My achievements in Theatre inspired me so much. So I thought I could do filming up until I became one. 

*What inspired you to make your movie? 
While telling a love story between a boy and a girl who happened to be the leading characters, I wanted to communicate the culture and tradition of Yao land. 

*How has your style evolved? 
It's unique in the context of African stories 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film? 
Sometimes you meet and testify unexpected things. For example, the camera had to fall in the deep waters of the Lake, some actors possibly eating some food items meant for filming and others. 

*What can we expect from your next film? 
From my previous and possibly the first movie I got and learnt a lot of things since the movie has been premiered locally and internationally. I have henceforth learnt and further my skills and abilities in film making. So sure, expect an awesome movie.