RID will be screening at the Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival
*How did you get into making films?
- I started at the age of 7 with an 8mm camera…and never looked back
*What inspired you to make your movie?
- Had a dream about how there is so much “legal” drug use, and how profitable it is for the big pharmaceutical companies, and this story came to mind.
*How has your style evolved?
- My scripts started with the standard structure of Hollywood. But, I quickly realized that those stories were very “cookie cutter”. I wanted to do what I wanted to do and not follow the A…B…C’s.
*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
- Nobody (cast or crew) had a script. I would pass out the pages as we shot.
*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
- Creativity. Interesting stories. Putting on screen what is really in your mind. Not being stifled.
*What can we expect from your next film?
- Just finished writing that script. It delves into the spiritual aspects of a man and how he struggles to measure up to the “structure” of traditional religion as opposed to a singular relationship.