Friday 8 June 2018

Interview with filmmaker Sigit Pradityo


Kurung Manuk will be screening at Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
I started making  film when I just graduated from high school. the film was made during a time of riots in Indonesia in 1998 , Using a camcorder and a limited equipment I make about 7 short film in a week at that time 

*What inspired you to make your movie?
My weird neighbour and my own personal life.
 

*How has your style evolved?
Something nostalgic in any random visual or story that always stuck in my head, something surreal, satire, dark and absurd
 
*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
I make this feature film most of the time without no crew so many crazy stuff while i'm making Kurung Manuk who is my first feature film. The film file once was stolen because some thief rubs my laptop and hard drive who contains the scene of the main character in the film. and finally the file backup founded after we finish the whole shoot in my friend hard drive who make the animation in the movie.
 And when I gonna shoot the last shoot. there was a scene who tells about two main character who name are Manuk and Wani.  At that time I already permit gonna use my friend place. But when we were on the set there were a local thugs who come and bring a samurai in their hand and ask us to leave while we were shooting. We were panic but finally my friend who own the place came and ask the thugs to leave. We finally shoot  the scene in the grave yard beside my friend place. 
 
*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
Lets just say i make the film because i didn't really know what to do at that time.
 
*What can we expect from your next film?
Well its not gonna be that far from "Kurung Manuk" style