Tuesday 26 June 2018

Interview with filmmaker Jalaladdin Gasimov


Sholler's Archive will be screening at the Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films? 
 I have 3 diplomas and I have worked in 3 diverse fields and succeeded. Nevertheless, my biggest passion in life has always been to write scripts and shoot movies. I have shot my first movie at the age of 50 and time will show either I am talented in this field, or not.
*What inspired you to make your movie?
I have obtained all information in “The Archive of Sholler” movie from my father - Gasimov Gazanfar, and all these historic events happened in my homeland inspired me to shoot movies.
*How has your style evolved?
A director has a distinctive filmmaking style that differs from other directors, and my style includes telling stories that have never been told before and showing landscapes to people that have never been shot before.

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
While shooting movies, I decided to shoot awesome waterfalls which I had discovered in my homeland. We managed to reach them with difficulty. 
Articles about my discovery of waterfall:
*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
It is a reliable movement which judges all movies in a just way.

*What can we expect from your next film?
My next movie will cover environmental issues, for example, how people's greediness jeopardises our earth.