Thursday 14 June 2018

Interview with filmmaker Sam M Bell



Trash Arts Killers will be screening at the Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
When I was young i wanted to tell stories and felt film was the best way to try, so from the age of 11 i began to write and attempt to make features at a young age, before actually making my first feature when I was 18 and learning my mistakes along the way.

*What inspired you to make your movie?
I wanted to showcase some of the filmmakers who work with Trash Arts, with a range of strange collection of short films.

*How has your style evolved?
For me style depends on the film, but each time we make a film we learn from the mistakes, right now I love making docu-horrors, doc drama as with a horror tinge. 

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
The Pink8 manifesto reminds me of Dogma95 and also Im a massive fan of improv within horror and comedy, it can be truly liberating.

*What can we expect from your next film?
We currently have Lonely Hearts out with are sales agent, that's a docu horror about a reality show. We also in post production have Millennial killer a improvised horror and Toxic Schlock coming from Troma soon..