Monday 25 June 2018

Interview with filmmaker Fernando Ramos


Awakening City will be screening at the Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
I began as a Film Buff. After I started working  as Scriptwriter and Film Critic. Then I started directing.

*What inspired you to make your movie?
The fight to preserve and occupy public spaces as a way to enforce citizenship and democracy.

*How has your style evolved?
I am on my second movie still, so it is hard to answer. I am in Constant evolution.

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
We were followed by some people from Fortaleza City Hall while shooting. I guess we have bothered the mayor with our Film, which was totally against his intentions to destroy Portugal Square.

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
I am not Aware of such movement and manifesto.

*What can we expect from your next film?
Lots of risk and bold creativity, in order to detour budget limitations.