Thursday 7 June 2018

Interview with filmmaker Martin King

Wake Up is playing at this years Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival
*How did you get into making films? I went to Film School in Thunder Bay, Ontario and I directed my first short movie, after that I really got into film making.
*What inspired you to make your movie? At the time, I thought this would be my one and only movie before I have to move on back to my Art Career. I ultimately decided I wanted to make an anthology film with 6 short stories. Jumping from genre to genre. I also wanted an excuse to work with a lot of actors.
*How has your style evolved? I went from a director with a rigid set of rules to a director that could think on his feet when bad luck comes a knocking. Well most of the time.
*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film? When we were auditioning for Robobob the time-traveling robot driving instructor. Which was a difficult role to cast for. One actor drove up to the location across the street looked at me and the camera man, then he drove off. He did not pass the audition. 
*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind? AntiHollywood, Punk Rock, and for some reason The Buzzcocks. 
*What can we expect from your next film? Something better. Returning Actors, New Actors, wardrobe, better locations, bigger crew, and better dialogue.