Friday 9 June 2017

Interview with filmmaker Joe Brown



What does your film express about today’s generation?
I believe that my film expresses that we're not exactly going downhill, but more in a circle. It just seems like we're trying, but not giving it our all, so we end up right back were we started so we need to do things over again. I really feel that we need to learn how to do things right the first time, and then we wont have to do things over and over again.

What social circumstances lead you to make your new film?
The social circumstances that lead me to make this film was that no matter what I did, I ended up right back where I started. I felt like life was a cycle, only this time the circle was bigger, so next time there were more obstacles.

What do you think about the PINK8 Manifesto & Punk Cinema?
I like the Pink8 Manifesto because of it's rawness. It gives the guy with no money a chance. I made "The Circle" with the money in my pocket, and if anyone messed up, the movie wouldn't have gotten made or at least there would have been one huge and obvious mistake. I love punk cinema. I am a punk cinema artist.

Whats next for you?
As for my next movie, I'd like to get a little bit more serious. I have a script in the making, and Im nearly finished. It will be more sci-fi where "The Circle" was more fantasy.