Sunday 11 June 2017

Interview with filmmaker Guillaume Campanacci

                Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival   (2017)

What does your film express about today’s generation?
Devils in Disguise explores the fact that today's generation is blind, hence easily manipulated. This is especially true in Los Angeles where the film is taking place. It also introduces a character who is a writer, myself. He hates his life, and only lives through what he writes, where he can finally be who he really is, a very dangerous person. Devils in Disguise is non linear, leaping from past, present, future, black and white, color, dream, reality and fantasy.



What social circumstances lead you to make your new film?
I was told I couldn't do it, making a feature film with almost no budget and almost no team, so I had to do it. 

What do you think about the PINK8 Manifesto & Punk Cinema?
I would add two important rules: 
Never ask for for the permission to make ART.
Don't wait for the right moment.

Whats next for you?
I am about to co direct, with my girlfriend Vedrana Egon, my second feature film: WHENEVER I'M ALONE WITH YOU. We start shooting mid July in my hometown, Cannes. It is a punk romantic comedy in the vein of Godard, Jarmush and Carax.