Tuesday 7 July 2020

Interview with filmmaker Peter Rajesh Joachim

Blood Empire will premier at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films? 
Film-making has always been a passion of mine. A perfect escape mechanism to get away from life's troubles. Also my mother was a well known stage and drama director so she played a major role in my decision to get into films. 

*What inspired you to make your movie? 
I was always fascinated by the darker side of humanity and their struggles to achieve salvation. There is nothing complex in Blood Empires. A simple examination of character tests and circumstances. 

*How has your style evolved? 
I learnt alot from my first film and fine tuned my skills especially in the areas of pre and post-production. I am eager to start production on my second feature which is going to be a comedy about the adventures of people who seek fame in Hollywood. 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film? 
On the 3rd day of production our lead actress dropped out which caused us a lot of grief but we managed to persevere and get the film made. I remember how supportive the cast and crew were towards the production. We went out and got the coverage for the day and also got some amazing off script shots which lightened the mood of everyone. Looking back one could say that was one kind of a funny experience we all can never forget. 

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind? 
A relatively unheard of movement started by film-making students in USA. A kind of anti-studio, anti establishment movement which supported DIY principles which is very common today. 

*What can we expect from your next film? 
Laughs, action and fun.