Lockdown will permier at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival
*How did you get into making films?
From a very young age, I like to think and telling stories.I was famous in my primary to high school friends for the every day new stories.The stories come from my life.In my childhood, I used to live near the Zamindar palace at Tollygunge in Kolkata.I never entered the palace;But my imagination was very comfortable to revolted around the garden and in the beautiful palace.Those imaginations become my everyday story. My stories and fantasy were looking for methods of expression.In those days a bioscopewala was very popular among children.I got confirmed that I would make myself a bioscopewala. But the dream was broken.I was unable to create a projector with useless spectacular spectacles.But I made a pinhole camera and was start dreaming with antagonistic images.
*What inspired you to make your movie?
This is not a story of a day.From early days I am very home keeping.In my childhood, I used to play wedding game with dolls like a girl.In fact, by the doll I arranged for family drama, parade and fight in those days.This was the first methods of my dramatic expression.After that, I start writing, drawing & clay modelling was interested in art, music, drama, and literature.In group theatre; Joined.When I was acting film, television and opera theatre; Writing script for others; I was not satisfied.I started the children's street drama group.My friend wanted to make a short film on my story.I was not only a screenwriter of his film, I helped him in direction, shot division, music design, make-up, artist selection and other activities.The film was selected at the Kolkata International Film Festival.I was surprised; I had a small credit in the credit list.I left all my jobs and decided to make my own movie.I became more poor.But among the difficulties, I have succeeded in making my debut film "The Thief".Life inspires me to tell the story at any cost through any art form.The demand for large canvas and composited art inspired me to make my own movie.
*How has your style evolved?
The style of my film depends on the story or the subject.I have no definite style. panning, tracking or static camera, dialog or without dialog, music or without music, silent or sound in my film give importance to the storytelling.I look forward to a new style of storytelling for my every movie.I like versatility in my films.I am not grammatically correct. My filmmaking style comes naturally, spontaneously with its love of art, with the passion of the heart.
*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
This is my first independent film which is people’s film and it is about people and for people. "Lockdown" is an experimental mobile film. This film has been made with some Facebook friends from India and Bangladesh during quarantine.
1) What is love; it is eaten or coated?
2) Who did you benefit from being born? (What's so significant about a birthday?
3) Is your religion human or animal? (Does religion provide you to eat or does it prove the eligibility of the usefulness of the biodata?
4) What do you mean by politics? (Giving speech or ration to please the people or licking the position of king?
5) Are you afraid of Corona virus or are you afraid of illiteracy and poverty? (What is the biggest virus indeed?
6) If death really knocks your door, what would you do to make it wait?
7) What would you do if you were made the Prime Minister or President of this country or the God? (Would you be careless about what happens? Would you sing? Would you dance? Would you clap on the side in joy? Or travel abroad happily?
8) What do think at the moment? Are people's lives expensive or the economy of the world? 9) Do you realize something new in life from being locked at home? (Is it freedom or subjugation?
10) What do you mean by educated? At what stage are you now; educated, uneducated or semi-educated) We are trying to make a film at home using the time during quarantine to find the answers of some questions.
*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
I think need a parallel culture. And I also feel proud that I am practising the culture which is completely against the ruined mainstream. Misrule Cinema Movement (2010-2016) & Pink8 manifesto have a great backing for independent filmmakers to the government's disbanded, micro budgets films.
*What can we expect from your next film?
Film is very expensive media for us.We are tirelessly trying to make independent films without compromising arts. We think ; this type of film is not art for art's sake . It is art for human's sake.We are trying to rise ethics, integrity, individuality, dignity, love, faith, etc more important human values.Which are the basic ingredients of all cultures and religions . We are friend of general people