Thursday 1 August 2019

Interview with filmmaker Nemanja Lakic

Zagrli Me will be screening at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
Ever since I was a boy I have been making films with myself, in which I was a director, cinematographer and actor. I would love to see these clips, which I recorded. When I enrolled in the Film Academy, things got more serious.

*What inspired you to make your movie?
The film was the inspiration of screenwriter Milo Masonicic. The whole film has touches on his life and views and philosophy of life.

*How has your style evolved?
We have developed a style similar to Iranian films. The goal was to show the protagonist's anguish through footage that had no movement and that each scene contains only one shot. Only one shot in the entire film has movement, and that is when main character dies.

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
During the preparation of the film (several days before filming), my mother,  the most famous Montenegrin journalist, was shot in the leg by organized crime. Immediately after, the lead actor canceled his participation in the movie. 

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
The desire for expression.

*What can we expect from your next film?

To finish it the way I imagined it.