Sunday 1 July 2018

Interview with filmmaker Carlos Costa


The Wall will be screening at the Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival

*How did you get into making films?
I entered in this field in 2000 when i did soundtracks for movies of my friends and some companies.
After that i started doing sound assistant, sound directing.
A few years later I went to assistant director of photography, then director of photography.
From 2006 till 2010 i was 1 assistant director in 7 feature movies, in England, Spain, Hungary, France, Germany.
In 2007 I did my first short movie called Blind Blind. After that i've already done 1 feature movie, several short movies, documentaries, 1 tv show and lots of advertising.

*What inspired you to make your movie?
My film is based on true facts about domestic violence and bullying, because of that decided that i should make a film that shows a more genuine reality on these subjects, because the movies that i've seen shows a very fantasy reality.

*How has your style evolved?
My style is always evolving due to all the projects that I am involved with, all the people I work with that give me a different view of each project.
This is part of the process that everyone does when working in this area.

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
There happend some funny stories but i will leave them to the crew.

*What can we expect from your next film?
I'm writing my next feature movie with my friend Maria Meireles, this is going to be a action drama movie, but for now i can't say more because we are in the process.