Tuesday 22 March 2016

INTERVIEW with filmmaker Kurtz Frausun

 
What does your film express about todays generation?

That no matter how much time passes in the human experience, we are all still searching and needing love, to be inspired. 

What social circumstances lead you to make your new film?

My girlfriend, a woman I considered my Muse, had a nervous breakdown and kept trying to kill herself. Eventually we had her committed for her own well being and after she came out, she was worse. The relationship officially ended and I wanted to capture all the mad emotion tied into romance and art. Took me a few weeks to shoot, 2 months to edit. I slept 3 hours a night and started hallucinating. So when I would record what I saw, and there was nothing there, I decided to create in post production what I had witnessed. Ended up winning an award at the London Film Awards

What do you think about the PINK8 Manifesto & Punk Cinema?

It's the core of what inspired me to first pick up a camera and use it as a weapon. 

Whats next for you?

I'm creating a sci-fi pilot. Just finished the first half. One of my docs was picked up for distribution so I'm working on promotions for that and I'm wrapping up another experimental film called "Blood of Jupiter," which explores my own battle with depression.