Thursday 1 August 2019

Interview with filmmaker Michał Przybysz

KUKUŁEŚ will be screening at the Straight-Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival                   

*How did you get into making films?
I just badly wanted to create films, telling stories and I think I met right people on my way to help me make this dream possible. 

*What inspired you to make your movie?
I asked myself one day; did I know enough about my sexuality when I was young guy? The answer was "no". Then hours of conversations with my friends about it, brought the idea of creating this story. 

*How has your style evolved?
From very over decorated sets and theatrical touch to more pure, but my purity of form is still over decorated for many people. 

*Tell us any strange or funny stories while making the film?
I fired my set designer after being continuously drunk on the set, and 20 years before she was my main professor on my university 

*The Misrule Film Movement & Pink8 manifesto bring what to mind?
Creativity

*What can we expect from your next film?

You have never seen anything like it :)